Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Chandler Twins, Grotta Azzurra, and Jingga

I don't know what's happening to me but I'm dying to read something romantic (again).

Maybe it's because I was just finished reading some works by Jude Deveraux (Okay, I finished them some months ago, to be exact)? She have been one of my fave writer since not very long ago. Being a historical-themed story fan I am, it's not taking a long time to make me fall deep in love with her works. So far I've only read The Twin of Fire and The Twin of Ice, but I do have some of her other works that I think I should stealing some time from my work/college to read them.

But I think I want to reread The Twin of Fire first..

Jude Deveraux's The Twin of Fire Jude Deveraux's The Twin of Ice

I think I started reading this kind of novel (the genre, I mean) when I was at my first or second year of high school. It was for my literature class (here in Indonesia, we call it 'Bahasa Indonesia' class) assignment, which was to review a book or journal or story or such. Being the reader I am, I wanted to review something I hadn't read before. Thus, I chose an old Indonesian novel I borrowed from my school library, entitled Grotta Azzurra.

If I'm not remembering wrong, the author is Sutan Takdir Alisjahbana (it's an old Van Opheysen writing. It spelled Sutan Takdir Alisyahbana).

I didn't finish it on time to write my full review on the book. Too bad. Well, it was my own fault to choose something like that for a simple task of reviewing books (all my friends reviewed about novels they had read like Harry Potter, Darren Shan, etc., or simply a short story on magazine.. I should have done that too), but at least I got a high score for my review. *grins*

I could say the book's well written, especially when it's on the romantic scene. But since it also have some political debate in it, which was not really my topic back then, I felt it bored me a bit. I think I should reread it, now that I'm a bit into political matters.

Maybe after I reread The Twin of Fire (like I said before). *smiles*

Oh, by the way. My brother announced me that Jingga had died two days ago (or at least he told me that on the phone two days ago), saying something about problems with the water-pump on Jingga's aquarium. I should have known it when she gets restless and all (Okay, actually I don't know if Jingga's a she or a he. I'm just assuming things).

I hope my brother wouldn't fry her, though I bet he wouldn't. He's a bit.. umm.. fussy when it comes to the fish he eats. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...