Thursday, January 22, 2009

Not Something To Brag, Actually..

Good.. (Looked at her watch) midnight everyone. *smiles*

Maybe this is so-not the time to have some talks. But as you can see (or read?), I have no desire to put my head right now on my two-big-comfy-pillow to go to the la-la-land of fantasy (read: can't sleep). Sure right now my eyes are heavy like there are some kilos of weight hanging on them, but my mind keeps them open like there is nothing else it can do.

By the way. Have you noticed that the layout is somewhat off from the title? Well, actually I have no real time to make the layout myself (hopefully I will have some later), so I have this kind person to make me one (read: taken deliberatedly from a skin site). So, voila! Leave it be and deal with it. For now. *grins*


Ahem.

Today (actually, yesterday), I went to my campus to arrange some things for new semester. I had to make choiches about what class I'll take, had some discussion with my friend, and in the end decided that I would take 21 credits out of 24 total. One of my friend asked, "Are you sure?" then I answered, "Yes, anything's wrong with that?" All I knew is that it is still counted normal to take 21 credits.

She then said that my dosen wali (I don't know what it's called in English, maybe lecturer-in charge? But, well, from now on, I'll stick on 'dosen wali' instead) is not someone who will allow his student to take more than 20 easily. I said, "Eh, really? Why?" She answered me that he (my dosen wali) would attack the student with every argument he has to prevent them taking more than 20.

And here I am having been in his charge for almost three years but still not knowing that.
Great.

So then I braced myself to face him, with the still-21-credits-form on my hand. One of my other friend who came along with me with also 21 credits on her hand had become paranoid and scared. Well, she did knew and always think that our dosen wali is a scary man. I never had before. Maybe it's because all of my encounters with him, he would smile (only a bit, I admit, but far from scary), while my other friends said otherwise (Or.. maybe my eyes playing tricks on me? I would never know).

Then, when I consult about my idea getting 21, he really objects to my not-so-surprise (I've never have him object my choice beforehand), and about one of my choice that's not too relevant to my major (I took a civil class, while I myself is in cityplan). I give my arguments about why I wanted to take 21 credits, blah.. blah.. blah. After hearing what I said, he said, "Okay, I don't mind your taking 21 credits, but, really, nine class? Are you sure you can keep track on them?" There I realized. Silly me. Nine class? What was I thinking, trying to get thyphus to myself? Bah.

I didn't argue anymore, saying I will drop one class and then out the door I went (Of course after some polite closings and a thank you). Okay, I lost the argument, but still, I got the class I want to attend, the civil class. I won my argument there, so I don't really lose here, do I?

Good thing that I always think he's a nice-man.
Yeah. Or else I would have had to drop the civil class too. *grins*

. . .
Okay, that's the bedtime story, everyone.
Now off to the bed I will. I'm dead sleepy here.
Oyasumi nasai *kiss*

Good.. midnight. (Or is it morning?)

2 comments:

  1. I bet your dosen wali is Roos Akbar, right? Am i wrong?
    *sotoy*

    Wow, do you really take civil class?? Man... i can't imagine myself in that class... >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't.
    i dropped it too~!

    who knew that the lecturer is someone like THAT. eugh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...