Monday, January 26, 2009

Chocolate Lava Cake

Hello everyone, how have you been?

Nowadays the weather is a bit too cold to my likings. I even got a flu and a bit cold, though it's nothing to worry about. Thank God the tea and the chocolate can keep me warm (I do also love coffee, though, but somehow I have no intention to drink it lately..).

By the way, today I'm supposed to be able to witness the ring solar eclipse from my house (with this glasses-or-something-like-that, of course), but sadly the clouds seemed to prevent me from seeing it, for they had cover the sun completely that even the sun ray was barely there. Dissappointing, it was, but what's there I can do?

So then I made a pot of tea and took some sips while listening to some songs, trying to cope with my dissapointment for not seeing the eclipse. I was thinking about some cake to accompany my tea time before I found out that maybe this one chocolate lava cake that is very... "hummm, yummy!" can be one of the best choice. Here's the recipe:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe

Moelleux au Chocolat… A French classic that literally melts in your mouth!!! This dessert is usually made in individual ramekins, but see the serving ideas below for other possibilities.

Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes


Ingredients (4 servings):
6 oz. Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (or use your favorite 70% dark chocolate bar)
6 oz. Butter (diced, room temperature)
3 Eggs
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/3 cup Flour
Butter for Ramekins

How to Make It:
Preheat oven to 350°F (About 180°C)
1. Melt chocolate on low flame in a bain-marie (double boiler). When melted, take of flame, and…
2. Stir in diced butter, until it melts.
3. In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar, until it starts to whiten.
4. Stir in melted chocolate and then the flour.
5. Butter 4 individual ramekins, and pour in chocolate batter.
6. Cook for about 10 minutes.
7. Tip ramekins upside down onto dessert plates and serve. Voilà!


Tips:
You can definitely prepare your chocolate lave cake recipe ahead of time, and then bake 10 minutes before serving.
In terms of buttering the ramekins: butter the bottoms first, and then butter the sides, wiping from the bottom up to the top. It helps the chocolate to rise even more.
In terms of baking time… well, it depends on how runny you want it! I like it with a super-liquid-oozing center -- so do my guests! For this, you want the top to be cooked through, but the center to be liquid. You can check with a toothpick after 10 minutes of baking.If you don't like liquid-center chocolate desserts, just cook for a little longer, and you will have an incredibly moist chocolate cake. So, either way, you can't go wrong!

Serving Ideas:
You can, if you want, serve your chocolate lava cake recipe with a Crème Anglaise (English Cream) or a Coulis aux Framboises (Raspberry Sauce).

------------------------------------------------------------

Voilà! It's best for those chocolate-addicts. Like me. *grins*
Actually I got this recipe from a site (obviously, duh!), forgot the address though. I googled the image and doesn't it look very delicious? So why not try it?
Be sure to make it yourself, or with anyone close, because nothing tastes better than home-made cakes, right?

...
Now I have one crucial tool missing in making this cake.

An oven. *sighs*



Maybe, just maybe, my mother would provide the kitchen with this oven the next time she comes to Bandung? Hopefully so. *smiles*

4 comments:

  1. I love chocolate cake!!!
    wonder if i can make it by myself..hha

    minta sama hani aja deh..hhi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... looks delicious..

    *do you want 2 make it for me?*

    ReplyDelete
  3. great recipe. topped it of with rasberry gelato and/or vanilla bean ice cream.
    -mark-

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...