Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Independent Day Indonesia!

I just want to say,


Happy 64th independent day, INDONESIAAA!!


I feel like singing now! Let's start the anthem!! *cheers*

Indonesia Raya
W.R Supratman

Indonesia!
Tanah Airku (My Land)
Tanah Tumpah Darahku (My Birthplace)
Di sanalah, aku berdiri (There, I stand)
Jadi pandu ibuku (to be my mother's support)

(note: the word 'mother' there is not literally mother. It refers to Indonesia. Ah, I bet you've already know what it means..)

Indonesia!
Kebangsaanku (my nationality)
Bangsa dan Tanah Airku (my race and my land)
Marilah kita berseru (Let us shout)
"Indonesia Bersatu!"(Indonesia united!)

Hiduplah tanahku, hiduplah negeriku (live my land, live my country)
bangsaku, rakyatku, semuanya.. (my race, my people, everyone)
bangunlah jiwanya, bangunlah badannya (get the soul up, stand the body up)
untuk Indonesia Raya!! (for Great Indonesia!!)

Refrain:
Indonesia Raya, (Great Indonesia)
merdeka! merdeka! (independent! independent!)
Tanahku, negeriku, yang kucinta (my land, my country, that I love)
Indonesia Raya, (Great Indonesia)
merdeka! merdeka! (independent! independent!)
Hiduplah, Indonesia Raya! (live, Great Indonesia!)
(2 times)


That's the 1st verse of the song and I roughly translated it to English. Pardon if I made any mistake on the translation. I'm a bit uncertain there, maybe I should put 'free' instead of 'independent' to translate the 'merdeka' word..

By the way, if you want to know all three verses of Indonesia anthem (in Indonesian, of course), you can see it here.


***
Indonesia, oh, Indonesia.. Wherever I will be in the future, you will always be in my heart.


I YOU
INDONESIA!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...